Friday, November 1, 2013

Junk Journal: Making your Pages Sturdy

When making Junk Journals I hole punch my pages and secure them together with binder rings. It is important to prepare your pages to be hole punched at this stage so that you don't add writing or images too close to that edge, only to have them cut off. I used scrap papers to secure my edges, mostly just with strips of paper. Some only needed a strip of paper glued along the side, others I folded in half and they wrap around to both sides of the page.

On some of my pages I used my sewing machine to stitch down strips of paper. Remember when sewing with paper to use a larger stitch so as not to perforate your paper.

On my brown paper bags I decided to tape or staple them to create pockets. Because of how heavy they are it is important to make sure they are secure and your pockets do not pop open.




1 comment:

  1. Love reading (and seeing) some of your work. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete